The V110-2.0 MW® IEC IIIA is an extremely reliable turbine, which is documented through its strong availability and performance.
V110-2.0 MW® at a glance
The V110-2.0 MW® IEC IIIA is an extremely reliable turbine, which is documented through its strong availability and performance. This turbine allows you to increase productivity by opening up low-wind sites which were previously regarded as non-viable. To maximise power output at such locations, the turbines' 110 m rotor gains more from the available wind – starting at an incredibly low 3 m/s. With its 54 m blades, the V110-2.0 MW® IEC IIIA delivers a notable rotor-to-generator ratio producing a remarkable capacity and yield at low- and medium-wind sites.
- Vestas OptiStop pitch control strategy included to reduce loads and enable a lighter structure
- Select products from the Vestas PowerPlus™ range are added to maximise output
Learn more about the V110-2.0 MW® and other 2 MW product variants
available for the
- High Wind Operation
- Power Mode (site specific)
- Condition Monitoring System
- Vestas Ice Detection
- Smoke Detection
- Vestas Shadow Flicker Control System
- Low Temperature Operation to -30˚C
- Aviation Lights
- Aviation Markings on the Blades
- Vestas InteliLight™
- Vestas Bat Protection System
The Vestas Performance and Diagnostics Centre monitors more than 46,000 turbines worldwide. We use this information to continually develop and improve our products and services.
IEC IIB/IEC S
IEC IIB/IEC S
Finding the right turbine for your wind site is key. The V120-2.2 MW™ IEC IIB/IEC S is designed for low to medium wind sites with low turbulence.
The performance and reliability of the 2 MW platform has been proven with more than 56 GW installed in 47 countries since 2000.