The V117-4.2 MW™ is designed for extreme wind conditions, making new sites possible for wind energy projects.
V117-4.2 MW™ at a glance
The Vestas 4 MW platform is designed for a broad range of wind and site conditions and for exceptional energy capture. The V117-4.2 MW™ is designed for extreme wind conditions, making new sites possible for wind energy projects.
The turbine strengthens the 4 MW platform’s performance in extreme wind conditions expanding reach into areas with very strong wind.
The compact high wind, high capacity option
- Full scale converter
- Air brake full blade feathering with 3 pitch cylinders
- Cut-in wind speed 3 m/s, cut-out wind speed 25 m/s
- Reliable technology, excellent energy yield
- Rotor diameter: 117 m
- Global footprint of the 4MW platform since 2010
- Nacelle dimensions (installed incl. CoolerTop®): 6.8 x 12.8 x 4.0 m H x L x W
- Rated power: 4,200 W
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz