The V100-2.0 MW® IEC IIB turbine allows you to increase productivity by opening up low- and medium-wind sites which were previously regarded as non-viable.
V100-2.0 MW® at a glance
The V100-2.0 MW® IEC IIB turbine allows you to increase productivity by opening up low- and medium-wind sites which were previously regarded as non-viable. To maximise power output at such locations, the turbines' 100 m rotor gains more from the available wind – starting at an incredibly low 3 m/s. Thanks to the 49 m blades, the turbines deliver a notable rotor-to-generator ratio producing a remarkable capacity and yield at low- and medium-wind sites.
- Vestas OptiStop pitch control strategy included to reduce loads and enable a lighter structure
- Select products from the Vestas PowerPlus™ range are added to maximise output
Learn more about the V100-2.0 MW® and other 2 MW product variants
available for the
- Power Mode (site specific)
- Condition Monitoring System
- Vestas Ice Detection
- Smoke Detection
- Vestas Shadow Flicker Control System
- Low temperature Operation to -30˚C
- Aviation Lights
- Aviation Markings on the Blades
- Vestas InteliLight™
- Vestas Bat Protection System
The Vestas Performance and Diagnostics Centre monitors more than 46,000 turbines worldwide. We use this information to continually develop and improve our products and services.
Finding the right turbine for your wind site is key. The V100-2.0 MW™ IEC IIB is designed for low- or medium-wind sites.
The performance and reliability of the 2 MW platform has been proven with more than 56 GW installed in 47 countries since 2000.